Monday, November 8, 2010

Alpine Village House Soup


I got this recipe from A World of Wisdom Cookbook.  Everyone should own this cookbook.  I decided to do one of the soup recipes since its so cold out already.  Guys, this soup ROCKS. Everyone needs to try it.  So filling, so yummy, so warming!

Here's what you need:
2 qts. stock (chicken, beef, vegetable)
2 tsp. celery salt
2 tsp. multi herb seasoning (I used "Herb de Provence")
1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
1 minced onion
2 tsp. salt
2 minced carrots
1/2 cup olive oil
1 c. flour

Mince the onion and carrots.

Combine all but flour and oil in a large pot.  Boil for 30 minutes. (If prefer to use a crockpot, I boiled for fifteen minutes and then transfered everything to a crockpot)

In a small skillet, heat oil and add flour , stirring with a whisk. 

Oil and flour should be the consistency of mashed potatoes after mixed together. 

Add this roux to the soup, using a whisk to blend it well.  

I added mine to the crockpot for thirty minutes, then left on high for 3 hours.

Serve this with some homemade bread or rolls and I promise you, you will be glad it's cold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment