Monday, October 18, 2010

Chocolate Frenzy!



I had a girls night at my house last night with all the girls from work.  All week, I was excited to make these cupcakes with my own chocolate covered pretzels on top.  After I was done dipping the pretzels, I couldn't stop there, oh no.  I remembered that I had some delicious organic strawberries in the fridge, so I went on a chocolate dipping craze!  So here is the simple recipe for the chocolate covered pretzels.

1 cup chocolate chips (I think milk chocolate is better than semi-sweet in this case, but use what you have)
2 Tbsp. cooking oil

In a microwave safe bowl, add chips and oil.  Microwave on high at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.  When chocolate is melted, start your dipping!


I used a tooth pick for the pretzels so my hands wouldn't get messy

Let excess drip off into the bowl.  Then lay pretzel on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. 

For the strawberries, just grab the leafy part.  (make sure you pre-wrinse them, and let them dry completely before dipping.  Any moisture added to the chocolate will cause the chocolate to get lumpy and harden)

Gently lean the strawberry side to side until most of it is covered.  Let excess drip off into the bowl.  Then lay strawberry on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.

Place baking sheet in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to harden the chocolate. Then, bring back out to add white chocolate if you have some.  Melt white 1 oz. white chocolate in microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring.  When melted, dip a butter knife in the chocolate, and wave knife over the strawberries and pretzels.  



Place baking sheet back in the fridge for everything to harden.  Store in the fridge until time to serve.  Keep in the fridge after serving too.

So while these look super fancy, aren't they just way easy to make?


You may think that eating these strawberries right away is best, but I just had some more today and oh my goodness! They taste WAY better after letting them sit for a day!




No comments:

Post a Comment